Why Insception Lifebank?
- Founded by Canadian stem cell leaders Dr. Robert Casper, Dr. Ian Rogers and Dr. Peter Zandstra, Insception Lifebank is the oldest, largest and most experienced cord blood bank in Canada.
- With over 20 years of cord blood banking experience, the Insception Lifebank Group has processed and stored more than 140,000 cord blood units, the largest number of all Canadian cord blood banks.
- Currently store >3 out of 4 samples being stored in Canada. The next largest bank stores 1/6 of the samples Insception stores in Canada each year.
- We remain the only family bank with nationwide presence
2) 100% Successful Release Rate of Cord Blood Units
- Insception Lifebank has released more cord blood units for use than ALL other family cord blood companies in Canada combined.
- We have a 100% successful release rate. All cord blood units released for client use have been accepted for transfusion into the patient, validating our processing, storage and shipping methods.
- We have experience transporting cord blood units to patients both locally (Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto) for bone marrow transplants and internationally for clinical trials (Type 1 Diabetes, Cerebral Palsy).
- Find out more about our releases and what they were used for.
- As leaders in stem cell innovation, Insception Lifebank allows expecting parents to access two different types of stem cells by offering both Cord Blood and Cord Tissue banking.
- Insception Lifebank was also the first cord blood bank to offer online patient education webinars and online enrollment, making it easier for expecting parents to purchase cord blood and tissue banking online.
- Insception Lifebank pioneered partnerships with hospitals to improve patient education and service.
- Insception Lifebank was a founding member and the only Canadian cord bank involved in the development of an international association (Cord Blood Association) dedicated to improving the quality and standards of cord blood banking
4) Leading Edge Storage Facility to Ensure Samples are Safe
- Insception Lifebank’s facility is a purpose built, state of the art facility built to GMP specifications and is dedicated solely to the processing and storage of cord blood and tissue stem cells. This provides the right environment to harness the focus and expertise of our staff, contributing to outstanding quality of stem cells processed, stored and released.
- Storage tanks are monitored for temperature and liquid nitrogen levels 24/7. Deviations from acceptable levels result in an alarm and notification of appropriate staff to ensure integrity of the stored samples at all times.
- Insception Lifebank has a natural gas powered back-up generator at the facility, protecting against power interruptions and securing continuity of processing
- The security of the premises is also armed with motion sensor alarms linked to security services to secure against any breach.
5) Quality Commitment
- Insception Lifebank is the only cord blood bank in Canada that has achieved the highest level of voluntary accreditation:
- Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT- Netcord) – International gold standard of cord blood banking.
- American Association of Blood Banking (AABB)
- Insception Lifebank is also Health Canada and FDA Registered.
- Our Laboratory and storage facilities continue to meet rigorous health care and safety requirements set by Canadian and International Regulatory Agencies and Accreditation programs. We are committed to providing a quality of service to our clients to assure that their cord blood and cord tissue is safely stored for future use.
- Find out more about our quality commitment
6) Hospital Partnerships
- Insception Lifebank is at the forefront of stem cell developments. We are honoured to be the only family cord blood program in Canada that has official partnerships with world class medical and research institutions.
- Find out more about our hospital partnerships, keeping in mind that our service is available at all Canadian Hospitals & Home Births.
- Our financial strength and longevity is one of the reasons why Mount Sinai, Sunnybrook and Grand River are able to enter long term partnerships – they could not and would not risk association with smaller banks that can’t represent a balance sheet with the strength of Insception. This is an important consideration when considering 18 or 30 year storage agreements.
7) Customer Service
- As the Canadian cord blood leader, Insception Lifebank is committed to providing a convenient and reliable service to our customers, including:
- Bedside Pick-up across Canada with one simple phone call
- Facility tours and in-person or online parent education programs
- Easy online registration
- Multiple financing options
- Discounts for returning clients
8) Corporate Stability
- Insception Lifebank is financially stable with solid corporate governance.
- In 2016, Insception Lifebank merged with Cell Care, Australia’s largest cord blood and tissue bank, now we are one of the top 10 cord blood banks in the world.
- We have internationally recognized advisory board members, strong hospital partnerships and over 20 years of stem cell banking experience.
- While two of original founders are actively involved as Medical Director and Scientific Advisor, Insception Lifebank also has a highly professional management and operations team.
- Insception Lifebank is part of an international group that is one of the top 10 banks globally.
9) Commitment to Research and Education
- Insception Lifebank has the largest clinical education team dedicated to Cord Blood and Cord Tissue banking in Canada. This group provides education and awareness to healthcare professionals about the current and potential uses of cord stem cells and overall stem cell advances.
- Additionally, the clinical team presents to thousands of expectant parents every year in parent education seminars about the advances of cord stem cells.
- Insception is a founding investor in ExCellThera, a Canadian company showing successful results using cord blood stem cell expansion technology – we anticipate this technology will increase significantly the available dose from a given sample and potentially offer multiple doses from a single cord blood unit.
- Insception Lifebank works closely with the Lunenfeld Research Institute at Mount Sinai Hospital to validate new methods and products such as the cord tissue product. We are currently funding exciting research in Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSC) at Mount Sinai.
- Insception is the only family bank to also operate a public bank. Our public bank is a generous provider of research samples to Sick Kids in Toronto.
10) Medical Need Programs
- Insception Lifebank medical need programs to help families that may require a stem cell transplant in the future :
- Medical Need Program offers compassionate support to Canadian families with a child needing a stem cell transplant. The program provides free processing and storage until the child’s 18th birthday. We are proud to have provided over 500 families with this service making it one of the largest initiatives of its kind in Canada.
- Cerebral Palsy Sibling Collection Program offers free cord blood collection and storage for newborn babies who have a sibling with cerebral palsy. The program aims to help families have access to potential local and international cord blood trials.
- To learn more about our medical need programs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1 (866) 606-2790