Cord Blood Basics
Congratulations, you’ve enrolled. What happens next?
A Cord Blood Expert will call you in 1-2 business days to verify your information, make arrangements for delivery of your collection kit and answer any additional questions that you may have about the cord blood banking process.
The Delivery Day Instructions
Please review important information below regarding your cord blood and/or tissue collection
Upon Receipt of Your Collection Kit
- Verify the mother’s name and date of birth on the kit label and enclosed documentation
- Store your collection kit at room temperature, do not refrigerate or store in your car
- Bring the collection kit to the birthing facility at time of delivery
At the birthing facility
- Inform your labour and delivery (L&D) team of your planned cord blood/tissue collection and pass your collection kit to your nurse
- Remind the L&D team that the amount of cord blood volume collected is critical.
- Please ask the L&D team to collect as much cord blood as possible
Notify for Pick-Up
- Pack your collection kit up for pickup as shown on the back page of the Parent’s Instruction Booklet
- Call Insception Lifebank at 1-866-606-2790 x 1 to notify us your baby’s cord blood/tissue has been collected. Please call within 2 hours of birth.
- A courier will pick up your collection kit within 24 hours of your call
- Your sample should be kept at room temperature and is stable for up to 72 hours. Don’t worry!
- SMS 1: The mother will receive an SMS notifying you to complete the infant/ Mother Health Status Form. Please click the link and complete the 4 medical questions ASAP
Laboratory Processing & Storage
- SMS 2: The mother will receive an SMS notifying you that your collection kit has arrived safely at our laboratory
- SMS 3: The mother will receive an SMS notifying you that your baby’s cord blood/tissue has been processed and stored by our laboratory
- Confirmation Letter: In approximately two weeks you will receive a confirmation letter confirming the status of your processed and stored cord blood unit
Please call our office at 1-866-606-2790 x4 if you have any questions
Insception Lifebank Team