What Personal Information We Collect and Retain
- Contact information, including name, address, phone number and e-mail address; company, occupation.
- Alternate contact information including name, address, phone number and e-mail address.
- Health care provider and birthing hospital details.
- Any other personally identifiable information you will be using as an identifier, such as OHIP name and number.
- Testing analysis data as required to comply with the laws and directives, guidelines and policies of Health Canada and other Regulatory and Accreditation bodies as applicable to the Services.
- Any email or written correspondence associated to the provision of the Services or otherwise.
- Your service usage, billing information and credit card number.
- Any other personally identifiable information required for participation in the Services.
When you provide us with your personal information, we will inform you as to why we are collecting it.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
- Provide you with the Services.
- Ensure correct client and biological material identification for the possible purposes of release of material and transplantation.
- Advise you of any updates or changes to the Services that may be deemed of interest to you.
- Develop and maintain our relationship with you and communicate with you in matters pertaining to the Services.
- Research, develop, manage, protect and improve those Services.
In addition, from time to time, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To detect and protect Insception Lifebank and third parties against error, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with Insception Lifebank’s policies and contractual obligations.
- To contact you in order to seek your input in understanding your needs, and preferences, through surveys, research and evaluation of the Services.
When We Share Your Personal Information
Knowledge and Consent
INSCEPTION LIFEBANK COLLECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU ONLY WHEN YOU VOLUNTARILY PROVIDE IT. Typically, we will seek consent for the use or disclosure of your personal information at the time of collection of this information. In certain circumstances, consent may be sought after the information has been collected but before use (for example, when we want to use information for a purpose not previously identified). You may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by notifying us through our firstname.lastname@example.org email address. If you refuse or withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you or continue to provide you with certain aspects of the Services. We will not, as a condition of the supply of the Services, require you to consent to the collection, use or disclosure of information beyond that required to fulfill the explicitly specified and legitimate purposes for which the information is being provided.
Use or Disclosure for Marketing, Advertising and Sponsorship Purposes
We may also use (but will not disclose) your personal information to promote and market additional goods, services and special offers from us, our affiliates and sponsors, including by means of direct marketing. To ensure advertisers understand who our subscribers are and what they are interested in, we may provide anonymous general demographic profiles to develop advertising campaigns, however, we will never share any personally identifiable information with our advertisers.
How Insception Lifebank Protects Your Personal Information
Insception Lifebank makes all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information collected from you is protected against loss and unauthorized access. This protection applies in relation to information stored in both electronic and hard-copy form. Access to your personal information is restricted to selected employees or representatives. In addition, Insception Lifebank employs robust information security techniques to protect personal information against loss and unauthorized access. Insception Lifebank employees are subject to contractual confidentiality restrictions when joining the organization and are educated on the importance of privacy and client confidentiality. It is Insception Lifebank’s policy to give access to personal client information only to those employees who require it to carry out the responsibilities of their jobs. Third parties with designated responsibilities with regards to the delivery of the Services are provided only the minimum of information required to deliver these Services.
Where Insception Lifebank Stores Your Personal Information
The Personal Information we collect from you may be processed, accessed, or stored in countries outside Canada. In such case, the personal information is subject to the law of the jurisdiction in which it is processed, accessed or stored, including any law permitting or requiring disclosure of the information to the government, government agencies, courts and law enforcement in that jurisdiction. The countries outside Canada where your personal information may be located include the United States. If you would like more information about our policies and practices regarding processing of personal information outside of Canada, please contact our Privacy Officer at the contact information below.
Links to Third-Party Websites
When you visit Insception Lifebank’s website, we may store some data in the event you exit the registration process prematurely so that we may re-establish contact with you.
Retention of Your Personal Information
Insception Lifebank retains your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with the laws and the directives, guidelines and policies of Health Canada and other Regulatory and Accreditation bodies applicable to the Services. When that need has ended, your personal information will be removed from our system and destroyed in a manner that ensures your security.
Control Of Your Personal Information
At Insception Lifebank, we want you to be able to maintain control over how we use your personal information. You will always have the option to instruct us not to use your name, e-mail, postal code, etc. beyond providing you with the Service or with information you requested. Additionally, e-mail communications will always include an identification of the sender and where applicable an “Unsubscribe” option. Should you wish to unsubscribe at any time, you may instruct us to immediately do so by clicking on the link.
Access to, Correcting or Updating Your Information
If you request access to your personal information, subject to certain exceptions, Insception Lifebank will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information. If Insception Lifebank determines not to provide you access to your personal information, we will provide an explanation. You can help us maintain the accuracy of your personal information by notifying us of any changes to this information. You may contact Insception Lifebank in any one of the following ways to request access to or correction or update of your personal information: Email: email@example.com Letter Mail: Insception Lifebank Cord Blood Program, 216 Britannia Road, Mississauga, ON, L4Z 1S6. Telephone: 1.866.606.2790
Last Updated: Aug 31, 2023.